Somaliland - Maroodi Jeeh, Togdheer, Sool
In a cooperation project with Caritas Switzerland, the Clean Water Foundation funded the drinking water supply in the rural areas of Maroodi Jeeh, Togdheer and Sool in Somaliland: six deep wells per village were enlarged in three villages, balleys were built in three other villages, in schools and and a clinic. In addition, Caritas distributed more than 1'600 water filters to households and hospitals to contain the danger of water-borne diseases. Training was carried out to raise the awareness of hygiene of the local people, as well as to enable them to take over the maintenance of the water facilities themselves.
Better health due to drinking water
Thanks to the project that was completed within the space of a year about 26'000 people now have access to clean drinking water. This has greatly improved the health and hygiene situation in the regions.
- Enlargement of six deep wells in each of the three villages
- Building of balleys in schools and clinic
- Distribution of more than 1,600 water filters to households and hospital
- Training to raise the awareness of hygiene and to enable the locals to take over the maintenance of the water facilities
- Access to clean drinking water for 26'000 people
- Cooperation with Caritas Switzerland
- Construction period: 1 year